Save any WhatsApp Status Photo or Video
I’m guessing if you are reading this you have already had an experience using the new feature in WhatsApp called “Status”. I wrote about it in our previous blog post. You can check it out here: WhatsApp Status – Encrypted Snapchat Stories Clone
So imagine being able to save all those photos and videos your friends post in their WhatsApp feed or stories. You can even repost it to them or to your stories if you so desire. It’s pretty easy actually and we’ll learn how to do that shortly.
We’ll install a simple app that will do all that for us easily.
- Install “Story Saver for Whatsapp” from Google Play.
- Tap on “Recent Stories”. The pictures and videos will be displayed in individual tabs.
- Select photos or video stories to save. Multiple stories can be selected or all of them at once.
- Click the download icon from the top.
The photos will be saved in ‘StoryPictures’ folder whereas videos will be saved in ‘StoryVideos’ folder inside the phone gallery.
Features of the App:
- Save contact status – Photos, and Videos
- Repost status
- View photos and videos from gallery or within app
The app is ad-supported but it doesn’t require any unwanted permissions except for saving data to storage, which is a cool thing.
Do remember not to share your contact’s status publicly without their permission. 🙂
Enjoyed it? Let’s here your comments below.